We see a vast array of conditions requiring orthopedic consultation and surgery ranging from trauma to rupture of the cranial cruciate ligament. We offer many services to aid in treating such conditions.
We are partnered with Kyon in our attempt to best treat fractures and cranial cruciate ligament injuries. Kyon has developed the Tibial Tuberosity Advancement procedures. These advanced surgical techniques are quite simply stated – amazing. We are so lucky to be able to perform these procedures. It allows us to help our patients get back to walking as quickly and effectively as possible.
Kyon has also developed an extraordinary locking plate system for fracture management called ALPS. This plating system has helped us advance our ability to treat and manage complicated trauma and fracture cases.
As with most scenarios in life, one size does not fit all. As such, we are please to announce that we are also partnered with IMEX. IMEX provides external fixation innovation to further aid us in treating fractures that may not be the most amenable to plates and screws.
With respect to injuries of the cranial cruciate ligament, we do again believe that not everyone should require the same treatment. Based on lifestyle, expected outcomes, size of the dog, age of the dog, and activity of the dog perhaps other options including medical management ie physical therapy or another procedure such as the lateral suture or extracapsular technique are more applicable. We do offer those options. We are partnered with Arthrex and use their Fiberwire implants for out lateral suture procedures.
Orthopedic services offered at Leshem Veterinary Surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- A vast array of medical and surgical options for various orthopedic conditions
- Surgery for rupture of the cranial cruciate ligament including
- Lateral suture
- Correction for medial/lateral luxating patella
- Femoral head and neck ostectomy
- Achilles tendon surgery
- Other tendinous injury surgeries
- Partial and complete joint arthrodesis
- Arthritis management
- Steroid Joint injections
- Hyaluronic acid joint injections
- Platelet rich plasma therapy
- tPEMF therapy – pulsed electromagnetic field
- oral medications
- referral to physical therapy
- referral to acupuncture
- Fracture and luxation repair
- Internal fixation with advanced plate systems, screws and pins
- External fixation with hybrid, ring and linear external fixation devices
- External coaptation with casts, splint and bandages
- Shoulder tendon procedures
- Elbow dysplasia
- Hip dysplasia
- Juvenile pubic symphysiodesis
- Joint aspirates